Celebrating the big and small achievements of 2016, acknowledging the lessons and letting go of what is not serving us anymore is crucial to start a new year feeling energized and empowered to attain the goals we have planned for 2017.
In order to start the New Year feeling fresh and positive, I suggest you do the following:
1. Make a list of the accomplishments that you are most proud of in 2016.
2. Congratulate yourself for the results you have achieved in 2016. Take a moment to acknowledge yourself for your efforts. Think about those attitudes, talents, and skills that worked for you in 2016 and see how you can use them for 2017.
3. Make a list of the things that didn’t go too well in 2016. Without judging yourself (anything or anyone involved), extract the valuable lessons you learned from those experiences and take what can serve you in 2017.
4. Commend yourself for the courage and resilience you had during those not so good situations.
5. Thank the universe, the higher power (or whatever you believe in) for the good and the not so good situations.
6. Ask yourself: What do you want to let go that is not longer serving you?
Let go of the material things like clothing or things that you do not use anymore.
Also, let go of fear; self-doubt; procrastination; resentment.
Write down all the things you want to let go and burn the paper as a symbolic gesture.
Forgive, Forgive, Forgive yourself and anyone that you need to forgive. Send genuine warm-hearted blessings to every person who has been part of your journey in 2016.
7. Make a list of the 3 biggest goals you want to accomplish in 2017. Take a few minutes every day to visualize yourself being, doing, or having the things you want. Create affirmations to reinforce those goals. Make a plan, take inspired action and create new habits to achieve them.
Ok, as I know you are committed to your well-being and happiness, I know you will implement each and every step above.
So, great job! You are amazing!
Remember we have the ability to create exactly what we want in life. We just need to be committed to it and take 100% responsibility for what we think, feel and do to make it happen.
We all deserve to be the happiest expression of who we truly are!
Here’s to a wonderful year ahead!